Tuesday, March 9, 2010

spring break in snow

It's March. But like most of the rest of the world, I still wake up to see stark patches of white outside my window. So what do I do? Laze around. Of course.

But after that? I head to the Farmer's Market. I buy food, more food then can fit in my tiny little half fridge. And inspired by the multitude and growing food blogs I follow and read obsessively, I plan and mark and find recipes to make and foods to try. Yet then I find another dilemma.

Where to put all these recipes? I could keep another book. On top of my agenda, my calendar, my to do list, my long-term agenda. But food is more than just another thing to do to me. I tried keeping an itouch (I know it's called an ipod touch but an itouch just seems more fitting to me) application for my recipes. However, that ends up being too ungainly, too inconvenient in its pre-structured order.

So I make this blog. Just another food blog in a sea of thousands existing food blogs. But while I will begin it as a way to keep this new passion of mine in check – to personal way of organizing my words in organic tags, a record of what new tantalizing taste worked and did not work for me, I can't help but hope that I can also learn from my readers in comments and links. Maybe. We'll see.

Let's see how long I can keep this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment